Sunday, February 27, 2011

Leona Lewis "I Got You" Look... kind of.



Hey guys, so yesterday I was watching Leona Lewis' video I Got You and fell in love with her makeup!


Her makeup is flawless. I tried to create the same look, but I made a few mistakes. I know what mistakes I made, and I'm going to show you what I did wrong and what I did right. I will be posting this again sometime in the future, and it will look exactly like Leona's look. This was my first time trying it, and this was my attempt:

Products used:
Step 1:
Cover any blemishes and dark circles with a concealer. I'm using Benefit's Erase Paste in medium.

Step 2:
Prime your eyelids with a primer.






Step 3:
Apply a white eyeshadow all over eyelids using a shader brush. This is the very first mistake I made. I used the white in Sephora's Floral Funk palette. The white has a lot of shimmer to it (something that you can't see on the actual palette until you apply it on your eyelids), and you're supposed to use a matte white. Instead of seeing a transition of white, silver, and black like Leona's look, the shimmery white made it look like I only used silver. When I redo this look, I will definitely go for a flat white.

Step 4:


Take your shader brush and press on shimmery silver eyeshadow to your eyelids starting from the middle and blending it outwards. I'm using MAC's Silverstroke Fluidline. If you're using this, I suggest taking your brush and gradually applying it on your eyelids. It doesn't show if you try to grab the color all at once and plop it on the eye.

Step 5:
Using a matte navy (I used the navy in Stila's Adventurous in Aspen palette), start to apply it on your eyelid starting from the middle and blending out and upwards. When you get to the outer crease, go towards the upper outer crease (sorry if my terminology isn't right, haha!) and blend. Repeat and blend. (You should be going in a V motion)



Step 6:
Do the same as step 5 but use a black matte instead. Blending is KEY. To avoid making a mess and create an upward shape, take a small piece of tape and stick it on and off your hand a few times to lose some of its stickiness (you don't want to pull the skin, especially the eye area because it's delicate). Take a blending brush and blend around the eye socket.



Step 7:
Apply liquid eyeliner starting from the middle of the eyelid closest to the lash line and finish it off. When you're finished, apply liquid eyeliner closest to the lower lash line. Make sure when the eyeliner meets together in the inner corner, drag the eyeliner down a bit to create a sharp cat eye look. This is another mistake I made. I didn't drag the eyeliner down and make a sharp line. As you can see from the pictures above, it's soft. Another thing, I went over the eyeliner numerous of times. Make sure you don't apply the liquid liner too thick!
Apply black eyeliner to the waterline and top waterline so no skin will show. (I hope everything I just posted makes sense!)

Step 8:
Take your black eyeshadow and blend it over the eyeliner. You don't want that harsh line showing.

Step 9:
Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler and apply black mascara to the top lashes only.

Step 10:

Take off the tape and blend the outer corners so there are no sharp lines on the outer corners.
Optional: Apply foundation and powder.

Step 11:
Finish the look off with a nude pink!


               If I did not make any sense at all:



Jessica Harlow does a thorough job at explaining plus you can actually see what she's talking about. Although I did not do it exactly how Jessica/Leona did it, it was a good attempt, and I think my version could work for going to the club at night (just need to lessen and clean the eyeliner up a bit).
Commentary is wanted.

Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. soooooo britneyy.lol this is cute
    f the mistakess
    haha im following your blog!

    soo go follow mine!

    ceemonroe.blogspot.com

    (:

    ReplyDelete