Saturday, February 26, 2011

Favorite makeup removers

I don't even know how many makeup removers I've gone through- cloths, cleansers, liquid, etc.
I find that using a separate makeup remover and washing my face with only a salicylic acid face wash (without any makeup remover added inside of the face wash) is much more effective for me. These are my top two makeup removers.

1.
Estee Lauder Take It Away Total Makeup Remover
 What I love about Take It Away is that it has a gel-like feel to it, and you can apply it on to dry skin. I usually apply it all over my face (if I have on any powder/concealer) and under, on top of, and around my eyes (if I'm wearing more than mascara as an eye makeup). Then I pump out two pumps of my facial cleanser and use my Clairsonic brush to wash my face. sidenote: If you haven't bought the Clairsonic brush yet, I would definitely make an investment! I'll do a separate post on how amazing it is some other time. When using Take It Away, the makeup comes right off, and my face feels completely soft and clean. :) I actually got this as a sample through my uncle's girlfriend who used to work for Clinique. The first time I tried it, I fell in love. The formula glides on smoothly,washes away cleanly, and it smells clean and fresh. I have a good amount in the sample she gave me, so when I run out, I will most definitely buy this. It's completely worth it :)
2.
Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


   Honestly, this is the best makeup remover I have ever encountered. I'm currently using Clean & Clear's Soothing Eye Makeup Remover, and I'm disappointed. It takes off makeup pretty well, but it leaves an oily residue behind. Then again, it's from the drugstore/Wal Mart so I shouldn't have had super high expectations. I tried this Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover during the summer at my aunt's house and swooned. Take It Away's makeup remover is more of something you'd use before you go to bed to take out all of the gunk in your face and eyes. This makeup remover however, is great for mistakes. Dip a q-tip and erase any smudges cleanly and without an oily residue. If you want to use it to remove your eyeshadow and eyeliner, it completely disappears.
   I tried it again later on in October when I had a wedding to attend. That afternoon, my mother and I had our makeup done by a makeup artist for Giorgio Armani, and the makeup artist loaded us with pounds of makeup. By the time midnight rolled around, I was completely exhausted from being a bridesmaid to a hectic wedding and endless dancing. My makeup lasted despite the sweat and long hours (I definitely recommend Armani for long-lasting makeup!), but I didn't think the makeup remover could work its magic like it did before. I was wrong. Once the cotton ball touched my eyelids, WOOOSH. It was all gone :D So I'm definitely going to buy it the next time I go to Macy's or JC Penney. Goodness, I think it's worth $15.50 for 3.4 oz. But first, I have to finish my Clean and Clear (halfway through; thank you God!), because I hate wasting products.


What about you? What are your favorites and least favorite makeup removers?
Leave a comment or message me at thebeautyblogger@live.com!
Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment