Monday, February 21, 2011

Too Faced palette and primer reviews?

So the other palette that I was debating on from my last post was this Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Collection.
The reason why I didn't buy this one yesterday was because the other Sephora palette was cheaper. I decided that I would get this the next time I went to Sephora but only if I get great reviews. The colors in this palette are too beautiful. Very natural, laid-back, and (as the name suggests) romantic. What really sold me though were the cards to create different looks that was inside of a little slot. It showed you step by step which colors to use and where to put it at on your eye. I put it down though, but I want to hear your reviews on it.

Currently, I have the Laura Mericer Eye Basics primer in buff.
However, I feel like it doesn't stay on my oily lids, plus it's getting old. I didn't realize I needed a new primer until I was at the cash register. I looked online that night and couldn't decide between Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Eden.






If you own or used these products before, what's your opinion on it? Did it stay and remain crease-free?
I will try both products eventually, but for right now, I would like to hear your commentary on it.

Last but not least, I need a new translucent powder. Currently, I am using Laura Mercier's Loose Setting Powder. It's a great canvas for my face and applies my blush on smoothly and beautifully, but it also has talc in it. If you're unaware of the dangers of talc, read this article.
When it comes to my eyes and lips, I don't really care if the product is organic or not. However, when it comes to the face, I use nothing but all natural makeup. My blush and powder are from Physicians Formula. 
Recently though, my mother had gave me the Laura Mercier powder, and I used it without questioning its ingredients because of the quality and price. To me, it was the only exception to my "natural only face makeup" policy. Once I found out it had talc in it (which was two days ago actually), I stopped using it. So I want to ask you; If you're using an organic translucent powder, what is the

  • price range
  • brand
  • store/website you purchased it from
  • how effective it is/your reviews.
Links will be great! Leave me a comment or email me at thebeautyblogger@live.com. Thank you!
Au revoir. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment