Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How I applied green eyeliner!


In this picture, my eyes look uneven (they probably are; I just never noticed it!). If you like this look, I'll be showing you how to do it step-by-step.

For this tutorial, I won't be able to show you how to do it exactly with pictures, because I can't find the right lighting :(
So I'm going to roam around the house to find perfect lighting for you guys so you can get a better idea on how to do it.

Materials Used: 
Step 1:
Apply Benefit Erase Paste under eye to camouflage dark circles and brighten up the eye area. Apply a dot size on your face to any dark spots or pimples and blend.





Step 2:

Prime eyelids with a primer. This step is important because it helps your makeup apply smoothly and it prevents your eye makeup from fading.

Step 3:
The makeup brush that I used was a brand called Solasi. I've googled it up and found no results. My grandmother's friend shipped it to her from China, so I'm not sure what store you can get it from. I've had it for about a year and had no problems with it so far. I find that my makeup applies well, so it's a keeper. I gave you a link to MAC's 252 large shader brush, because the shape is very similar to the one I used.
Take a white eyeshadow (I used the one in Sephora's Floral Funk palette) and cover your entire eyelid with it. Go over it a few times if it's too light.

  Step 4:
Take a white eyeliner and apply it on your waterline and on the top eyelids closest to the eyelashes.



Step 5:
Take your bright green eyeliner, and apply it on the waterline and under the bottom lash line. Go over it a few times.


 

Step 6:

If you feel that your green isn't bright enough, apply green eyeshadow with an angled brushed over the eyeliner a few short strokes. I used Solasi's angled brush, but it's very similar in shape as MAC's 208 angled brush.


Step 7:
Apply brown eyeliner on the upper lash line. If it's not dark enough for you, apply black eyeshadow on your angled brush and lightly go over the eyeliner. When finished, take your shader brush and lightly dust white eyeshadow on again.

Step 8:
Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler. I used Shu Uemura's eyelash curler, because I find it to be the best. A trick to help keep your lashes lifted and alive all day is to take a blow-drier and blow heat on the eyelash curler for a few seconds. (I would say 5 is good enough) Test it on your face to see if it's the right temperature. Be careful to not burn your eyes! Apply your favorite black mascara. My personal favorite is Maybelline's Falsies, but I'm using DiorShow Blackout for this look.
Optional: Apply an eyelash primer before your mascara!








Step 9:
Dust on a powder that'll keep you oil-free throughout the day but doesn't cake up. I really like Physician Formula's Powder Refill. It keeps me covered, eco-friendly, and I can easily recycle the empty tin when I'm done and refill it!



Step 10:
Take your ring finger, rub it on a cheek stain, smile, and dot it all over on the ample of your cheeks. If you don't own a cheek stain, take an angled contour blush (something like MAC's 168 Large Angled Contour Blush), swirl the brush on your blush, smile, and apply the blush starting from the ample of the cheeks and blending upwards. You can also use a kabuki brush. Swirl the brush on your cheeks upwards and blend.


Step 11:
Complete the look by applying your favorite chapstick along with a light peach lip gloss. You're set! :)


I hope I explained it well enough for everybody to understand! This look is perfect especially since spring time is SO close. It's a fun, fresh look, and I hope you enjoyed it! I promise, I'm going to find the right lighting to show you guys exactly how to apply it on. 


If I didn't explain it well enough and you need a video, here's a tutorial:



Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment