Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette & Sephora brush set!

Hey guys! So I was supposed to post this on April 17, but I became so lazy.. I'm sorry!
So I don't know if I ever posted my debate over which palette to get next. It was between Kat Von D's True Romance Truth or Too Faced's Romantic Eye. Literally, I had both of the palettes in my hand and couldn't decide in the middle of Sephora. I decided on Romantic Eye, because the case won me over, hahaha :). I told myself I'd get Truth next time.
What I really love the most about this palette (besides the beautiful colors), are the cards that come inside of it. There are 3 cards, and it gives you 3 different looks that you can use with the colors from the palette. In this post, I decided to try "Fashion".


 The palette is set up in a simple way. As you can see from above, there are three colors set up in a row. The look "Fashion" is the third row. So basically, I would take a large shader brush and apply Bouquet Toss from my lashes to brow. Then I would take a regular shader brush, go to the next color (which is Honeymoon), and apply it all over the inner half of my lid. Afterwards, I would go to Ever After, apply it on the outer lid using an angled brush, and blend it all together with a blending brush. Instead of using a dramatic eyeliner, I would take my angled brush again and use Ever After on the lower lash line. Finish the look off with a few coats of your favorite black mascara.

Of course, you don't have to follow the cards. I decided to follow it to see how it'll look, and I really like the combination. I tried every single card, and the only one I don't care for is the "Day" look. Mix up the colors. Go against the cards. No matter what you come up with, it's going to match and look beautiful. I did that, and I actually recreated a day look that looks gorgeous.

Along with the palette, I also bought Sephora's Smokey Eye Brush Set! :) I've been needing makeup brushes for so long now, and I finally purchased it! For an $89 value, I only bought it for $42. I use these brushes on the days I wear eyeshadow, and they work great! I've washed them a couple of times, and the bristles didn't fall out. It applies my makeup pretty well, and I am satisfied with the set. I actually used this set when I first tried out the Too Faced palette. It comes with:
  • all over shadow brush
  • shader brush
  • dome smudge
  • eyeliner brush
  • lash comb
  • Sephora Volume Black mascara
 The only thing it doesn't come with, is an angled brush. Other than that, I would say you're pretty much set. It comes in a travel bag, so you can toss it in your purse before going out or packing it for vacation. It also has a little side card on how to do the smoky eye.

I've used both of these products frequently ever since I bought it. Overall, I would say the price is worth it. If you're thinking of getting either one, it passed my test. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment