Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hair changes :)

On Sunday, I did something that was completely spontaneous. Instead of going in the salon for my usual 8-week trim (which I did get), I decided to cut my bangs! I had side-swept bangs for about 5 years now, and I decided it was time for a drastic change. I didn't want to cut my hair because I've been growing it out for a few months, and I like my hair color. So I decided to get blunt bangs :)
   I would just like to say that my hairdresser is sent from the gods. Back in eighth grade, I decided to chemically straighten my hair along with getting blunt bangs. Huge mistake. First off, the Japanese straightening thing I had done (I'm sorry; I don't remember what it's called!)  was so powerful that I couldn't put in any hair ties, ribbons, clips, etc. in my hair or else it would've left a dent. So if I decided I didn't like the bangs, I would've had to stick with my hair like that for a week until it was safe to put in any hair accessories. Well, my previous hairdresser chopped it all off, and it was a complete disaster. My face was rounder back then, and the bangs weighed down my face. Along with that, I wore thick glasses. I hated going to school that week. It doesn't sound like much now, but it was absolutely horrible back then! I laugh at myself now that I look back, but I applaud myself for being bold and taking a risk. I swore I would never get blunt bangs for as long as I lived, but of course I had to try it out one more time.

There were several reasons why I decided to take the risk again.
  1. My face has matured compared to middle school. Although I still have a round face and high cheek bones, it's lost weight and matured. I believed things would've went somewhat better.
  2. My previous hairdresser went completely blunt, straight, and thick. This will weigh down your face if you have a round face. I read articles before on hairstyles for round faces, and they all said that the blunt bangs had to be thinned out and wispy to balance everything out. My hairdresser knew exactly what she was doing, and I couldn't have been any happier :) 
  3. It was just time for a change, period. This hairstyle was for nobody but myself.
I am in love with my bangs, and I feel exquisite :). Hair does have an impact on how you feel and look. I've received many compliments on my new hairdo, and I'm glad I decided to take the risk again.

Winter is officially over, ladies! Summer is only a few weeks away! Take a bold step, and change your hair up. Add highlights, dye it, cut it, or try out a new hairstyle!
To get an idea on flattering haircuts for your face shape, click this link. :)

Au revoir!
Wow, I've missed blogging on here tons. I bought a few things from Sephora today, so be on the lookout for a new post along with a makeup look.

No comments:

Post a Comment